Sculptra® is a clinically proven long lasting injectable volumising treatment used for the face.
Sculptra – The Procedure
- A topical anaesthetic cream is applied to the area for treatment
- If required (depending on the treatment area) local anaesthetic injections may also be administered
- The Sculptra practitioner will carefully select the injection points and identify the correct amount of Sculptra to be used
- The Sculptra filler is then injected under the dermis and subcutis layer
- Patients may be advised to apply an ice pack to reduce swelling and will also be instructed to massage the area to help promote even distribution of the material.
- Some swelling and redness is to be expected, but most patients are happy to return to work or normal activities afterwards
Sculptra takes time to gradually correct the depression in your skin. Visible results appear within the first few treatment sessions. The number of treatments required does vary depending on your personal requirements, but patients with severe facial fat loss should expect 3-6 treatment sessions.
Sculptra Deep Injectable Filler
Sculptra® is a clinically proven long lasting injectable volumising treatment used for the face. the main application is in replacing the volume lost by the natural ageing process for patients aged 35-60.
The treatment is suitable for:
- Naturally filling out cheeks
- Restoring volume in the temples
- Filling out the hollow under your eyes
- Correcting the signs of facial fat loss “lipoatrophy”
- Deep folds and wrinkles
- Volume defects
The improvement will last just over 2 years, which is significantly longer than most other injectable filler treatments.
As Sculptra works by stimulating the body’s own collagen, the result is exceptionally natural-looking. It brings about a gradual and significant increase in the skin’s own thickness.
What is Sculptra?
The injectable material is known as poly-L-Lactic acid (PLA). PLA is a simple synthesised sugar that once injected into an area, gradually stimulates the production of the body’s own collagen to smooth out wrinkles and restore lost volume.
- biocompatible (a material that does not harm the body)
- biodegradable (able to be broken down by the body).