Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is an injectable, hyaluronic acid filler which has been specifically formulated for the lips to provide plumpness and volume for beautiful, full lips.
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is a unique product tailored to add volume to the delicate lip and mouth area. As well as creating a pretty pout, Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE also works to smooth fine lines and enhance the mouth area as a whole.
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is exceptionally gentle. As the lip area is delicate and sensitive, it is formulated to contain added local anaesthetic which makes the treatment as comfortable as possible.
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE – The Treatment Process
- The area to be treated will be thoroughly cleaned to remove any residue of soap, skincare or makeup
- Depending on the area to be treated, the practitioner may offer an anaesthetic cream, although Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE does already contain lidocaine
- Injection of the filler treatment takes 15 – 30 minutes
- After the injection, the practitioner may massage the treatment area to ensure that Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is well distributed
- To reduce swelling, an ice pack may be used for a few minutes if required
How will it look?
The Juvederm website includes a before and after modeler which will help to give you an idea. You will need the latest version of the Viewpoint Media Player plugin.
How does ageing affect the lips and how does this help?
With the natural ageing process, even the lucky ones born with beautiful lips will find that the lips’ volume depletes over time, leaving a thinner, flatter appearance. This can lead to quite a stern look, rather than smiley full lips of youth. Wrinkles and fine lines appear and the lip shape and borders become less defined. Lip liner was fashionable for a while, but can look drawn on and is only a temporary solution which will wear off. The area between the upper lip and nose can flatten and the corners of the mouth may turn down, exacerbating a tired, cross or sad look.
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE helps fight the signs of ageing, by boosting the lips’ texture and smoothness, filling lines and wrinkles and adding volume for a fresh, natural, new look.
How long does Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE last?
The average effect of treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE lasts up to 18 months, though that will depend on the individual patient. The following factors influence how long it will last:
- sun exposure
- amount injected
- practitioner’s technique
Among a sample of US patients, 78% of those treated maintained the improvement for more than a year after just one treatment.
How long does it take to work?
The aesthetic results are immediate and very natural looking. The treatment itself is quicker than a manicure and the results will last for months.
What about recovery?
You can return to work and resume your social life immediately, but be aware that you may experience temporary bruising, discolouration, or swelling after the treatment.
Are there specific aftercare instructions?
For 24 hours, follow this advice:
- Use pain medications according to your practitioner’s recommendation.
- Don’t arrange any dental work.
- Do not have a face-down massage immediately after treatment.
- Ask your practioner whether any specific facial products or lip balms should be avoided.
- Avoid smoking.
- Be careful with facial expressions – do not ”purse lips”.
- Avoid kissing or sucking.
Prices include a follow-up appointment 2-4 weeks after treatment to check the results and assess whether any touch-up is necessary.
Can I still have Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE while pregnant?
No, use of Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE during pregnancy or breast-feeding is not advised.
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is an injectible hyaluronic acid filler which has been especially formulated for the lip area to provide plumpness and volume for beautiful full lips. The product has been created especially to suit the needs of this delicate area, preserving softness and sensitivity. It works in a number of ways to give natural, beautiful, long-lasting results:
- Enhances upper and lower lips by adding natural-looking volume
- Adds balance to unequal lips so that upper and lower lip are in proportion
- Provides a well-defined shape/outline improving definition
- Smoother gel improves lip texture and smoothness for soft, smooth and kissable lips
- Fills the fine lines and wrinkles caused by smoking/ageing/expression for a smoother, fresher overall appearance
- Specifically designed for lips, including a local anaesthetic for added comfort during treatment
About Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to moisturise and plump our skin. It is broken down very quickly by the body (around 48 hours), but as we age the replacement slows down so there is less hydration and volumising. Hyaluronic acid is used in certain the Juvederm range of injectable fillers for aesthetic treatments. The original product is Juvéderm® ULTRA, which is used for filling deep lines. However, Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is a newer addition to the range, offering a smoother gel especially for use in the lip area.