The Treatment Process
- Firstly, the area to be treated will be thoroughly cleaned
- Depending on the area to be treated, the practitioner may offer an anaesthetic cream
- Your practitioner will use a very fine needle to inject tiny quantities of Juvéderm® HYDRATE product into the skin about 1-2 cm apart. Once injected, the gel flows smoothly and distributes evenly into the skin. This stage of the treatment takes 15 – 30 minutes.
- After the injection, your medical aesthetic practitioner may smooth the product in your skin by massaging the treated area.
Juvéderm® HYDRATE is not a filler or volumiser, but a treatment specifically designed to improve skin hydration and elasticity. Juvéderm® HYDRATE offers deep hydration to your skin to make it firmer in areas that are often susceptible to the signs of aging:
Hydration is fundamental to healthy skin tone and elasticity, and maintaining a natural, healthy glow. While creams can only offer temporarily moisturisation at the skin’s surface, Juvéderm®HYDRATE has been designed to provide deep, long-lasting hydration to give the skin incredible texture and strength.
The treatment is a subtle enhancement working within the skin, rather than a radical change. Patients report that after treatment, their friends, colleagues, and family notice a “glow” or vibrancy, but can’t tell what has changed.
A study of the results found extremely high levels of patient satisfaction after the treatment:
- 95% of patients were delighted with the results after treatment with Juvéderm® HYDRATE
- 85% of patients would recommend Juvéderm® HYDRATE to a friend
Juvéderm® HYDRATE Formulation
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to moisturise and plump our skin. The hydrating effects are due to the fact that it retains water and absorbs more than 1000 times its weight.
However, as we age the levels of naturally-occuring hyaluraonic acid deplete. New Juvéderm® HYDRATE effectively replenishes depleted levels of hyaluronic acid in your skin to restore a natural healthy glow. The hyaluronic acid in Juvéderm® HYDRATE acts deep within the skin to attract and hold moisture, making it feel soft, smooth, and toned.
Unlike other HA-based hydration products, Juvéderm® HYDRATE also incorporates “mannitol”, an antioxidising agent which helps prevent any build-up of free radicals within the skin so that effects of Juvéderm® HYDRATE last for longer.
Juvéderm® HYDRATE is also particle-free, which means an easier and smoother treatment experience.
Magnified at 35x and compared to competitive alternatives, Juvéderm® HYDRATE is visibly a superior product.
How long does Juvéderm® HYDRATE last?
The effect of treatment with Juvéderm® HYDRATE lasts around 3 months, though that will depend on the individual patient. The following factors influence how long it will last:
- Sun exposure
- Amount injected
- Practitioner’s technique
How long does it take to work?
The aesthetic results are immediate and very natural looking.
What about recovery?
You can return to work and resume your normal activities immediately, but be aware that you may experience temporary bruising, discolouration, or swelling after the treatment.
Are there specific aftercare instructions?
- Don’t apply makeup for 12 hours afterwards
- You may see some swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection sites
- Use a perfume-free moisturiser if you have any dry skin
- Take anti-inflammatory medication if required
- Avoid sun exposure and extreme temperatures i.e. below freezing or strong heat such as saunas for 2 weeks after treatment
- If you have any concerns, contact your practitioner
Prices include a follow-up appointment 2-3 weeks after treatment to check the results and assess whether any top-up is necessary.
Your skin has to cope with a lot… Sun damage, wind and rain, air conditioning, heating, smoking and the natural ageing process all take their toll on your skin and cause it to dry out. However much you moisturise, or no matter how intense the product, there is a limit to the amount of hydration that creams can provide for your skin.
Juvéderm® HYDRATE is the latest product from Allergan in the battle against the signs of ageing. The product is designed to provide deep and lasting hydration which is fundamental to healthy skin tone and elasticity. The treatment restores your skin’s smoothness and gives a natural, healthy glow.